Thursday, April 9, 2009

Arizona Part 2



Sunday March 29th we went to church with the Ellsworths and I was able to participate in the blessing of their new son Mason. Afterwards they had a get together at their house with all the family that came for the blessing. Everyone was so nice. Anthon and Jennifer have an awesome family!

We rented a car and headed north through Sedona and ended up in Flagstaff. Sedona was really pretty and we ate at a restaurant that had the best peach cobbler I have ever tasted. If you’re ever in Sedona, check out Ken’s Creekside Resturant.

Right before we arrived in Sedona.



Monday morning we headed out to Monument Valley. It was a long drive but there was some interesting scenery. It was 32 degrees when we left Flagstaff and there was some snow on the ground most of the way to Monument Valley. We stopped in Kayenta for lunch. I heard about a Navajo Taco stand there but there was just an empty stand there. We ended up eating at Burger King (it was that or McDonald’s). They had a Navajo Code Talkers Exhibit inside the BK that was kind of interesting. We left Kayenta and barely crossed the border into Utah and turned back into Arizona to get to Monument Valley. The views were amazing and we took tons of pictures. We took the Pontiac Vibe on the 17 mile scenic loop. I was surprised we didn’t scrape the bottom of the car because the dirt road was pretty bumpy.





Monument Valley Arizona





The Pontiac Vibe we rented on the dirt road.



A Panoramic that looks better when it's bigger...




Our hotel room Flagstaff was huge and pretty fancy. If it weren’t so cold outside, we would have gone in the Pool. The Chili’s near our house in Portland closed so when Megan found out there was one in Flagstaff, she got excited. The Molten Chocolate Cake was delicious as usual.

Tuesday morning we ate leftovers from Chili’s for breakfast and checked out of the Little America Hotel. I got pulled over on the way to the Grand Canyon. I think being very polite and honest with the officer helped because he let me off with a warning. I drove slower after that.

The Grand Canyon was enormous. We walked along the rim taking pictures amazed at how beautiful and massive the canyon is. We ate at a restaurant there and checked out the gift shop. We even saw a few people on rascal scooters at the Grand Canyon like the commercials. We laughed about that.



Us at the Grand Canyon





A Panoramic of the Grand Canyon that again looks better when it's bigger.




We drove back to Gilbert and played some more Rockband with Anthon and Jennifer. Wednesday Megan watched Mckay while I went with Jennifer to drop off their Suburban at the mechanic. When we picked up their suburban from the mechanic I also dropped of our rental car. I played with McKay in the park and then Jennifer and the kids went to Thatcher to visit her parents for the weekend. Megan and I went on a long walk in the sun. When Anthon got home from work we got pizza and of course played more Rockband.
Thursday we spent our morning lounging by the pool in the sun. Anthon took us to the airport and we made it back to rainy Oregon. We had a great time in Arizona and Megan is convinced she wants to move there. I’m warming up to the idea but I’m not sure I could handle the heat.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm glad you guys enjoyed your stay. We really loved having you! It's not as fun playing Rock Band only two people..but we still enjoy it very much :o)
Thanks again for driving me around on Wednesday. I really appreciate it!!

Jennifer said...

Holy Cow! Thanks!! Those are good suggestions!

Kelly said...

Now way!! I'm laughing about the rascal scooters!!